Monday, January 25, 2010

O's Pet Adoption Birthday Party

The Invitation ($2.40 for postage):

O's Birthday Pet Adoption
Come ready to adopt a stuffed animal that is in need of a loving home!
January 23 from 1:00-2:30
H Animal Shelter
RSVP Michelle , shelter director

One of the moms actually thought that we ran an animal shelter.
She was a little hesitant about coming.
Little does she know....I am a newly conformed dog dis-liker.
Sweet O sporting her face painting!
At the end of the summer, I stumbled across the garage sale of a former beanie baby collector.
I purchased 12 dog and cat beanie babies for $3.00.
Scotty and I hid the animals all over the house.
I started the party by telling the ladies and gentleman that I received a call informing me that there were many homeless animals hiding around the shelter.
Once the animals were safe in the shelter, the children were allowed to adopt the pet of their choice.
They then took their animals to see the veterinarian and to the Pet Salon.
At the Salon, the animals were bathed and received bows and/or bandannas. ($.87)
The children then helped me fill out their adoption certificates.
I purchased mailboxes from Target's Dollar Spot to use as dog houses. ($6.00)
The children used animal stickers to decorate the dog houses. ($2.87)
They also made a dog/cat collar using pony beads and a scrapbook tag. ($5.27- I could probably make 20 more with the supplies.) The newest member of our family sporting her pink bandanna, bow, and collar.
Scott set up an obstacle course that the children had to complete on their hands and knees. ($0)
We also held a relay race that involved scoops and dog food. ($2.00)
It was REALLY messy, but a lot of fun!
We ended the party with cat cupcakes, ice cream, and presents. ($9.98)

Each child took home her/his new pet, accessories, dog house, Scooby Doo cookies, and a candy necklace. ($7.00)

I also purchased napkins and balloons. ($3.38)

It was a fun, exciting, and inexpensive way to celebrate.
Total Spent: $42.77

I hope that you find an idea that might work for your party planning.

2 comments:

  1. This is so thoughtful and sweet; what wonderful parents the two of you are. That's using your noggin' :)

    ReplyDelete