Thursday, October 15, 2009

Honoring Karen

One of my dear friend's sister, Karen, has been struggling with cancer for the past 3+ years. There have been ups, downs, rejoicing, tears, remission, new growth, and continuous faith. She has been such an inspiration to me through her ability and desire to worship her Heavenly Father through it all. I don't know her well, but I know that she is a true gift, and her strength will be forever etched in my mind.


As the prognosis is grim, I find myself thinking of and praying for this precious sister and her family continuously. I have asked myself...how would I respond to such heart-breaking circumstances? How would I live my life if I was told that my days on this earth were short? I have decided that the only way to truly honor her is to live each and every day as if it might be my last by glorifying God in all that I do.



Still believing for that which only God can do and honoring Karen through my words and actions!

No comments:

Post a Comment