Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Five Thrifty Ideas

I have been asked by several people to share a few "thrifty" ideas that work for my family.
It is all common sense, and probably most of you are doing most of them already. I am going to start with a few basic ones, and I will add other ideas later.

1.) Shop for the bulk of your groceries at Aldi or Save-A-Lot. Of course, you have to bag your own groceries and nothing is name-brand, but it will save you a lot of money guaranteed. Our family actually prefers a number of the Aldi brand products.
2.) GARAGE SALE and become familiar with your local thrift stores. I very seldom purchase anything new!

3.) Be more creative. Before buying anything, think about if you can reuse something that you already have. For example, I wanted new curtains. I rummaged through my linens and found an antique tablecloth that worked perfectly.

4.) Budget EVERYTHING.
5.) Learn to value and be content with what you already have.....difficult, but true.

No comments:

Post a Comment