Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Be An Encourager

It may come as a shock to most of you, but I have struggled with extreme anxiety for many years. I have recently decided to stand against Satan's lies, and to live the life that God has planned for me. I have come to realize that I will never be great at everything, and that I am bound to fail at many things. However, I have also decided to give 100% and live life to the fullest.

I have the great privilege of working closely with a woman that I have admired from a far for over a year. She is a great teacher, friend, mother, and encourager. Today, she mentioned being overwhelmed and anxious about her to-do list and her short comings. She shared that she really doesn't think that she has any true "gifts". I was astounded because I didn't even have to think about it to come up with a lengthy list of her "gifts". Of course...I didn't share that list with her! In that moment, I realized that Satan lies to the majority of women in exactly the same way. He isn't even that creative, but he has been really effective. We always compare ourselves, and we struggle to understand that God created each one of us with different talents and gifts for different purposes.

Women....we need to be encouragers instead of competitors!

Our words are POWERFUL!

I am so very thankful for all of the great women that God has strategically placed in my path.


Women who encouraged:

- the teenager who was struggling to find her place and live up to the expectations of others

-the new wife who was clueless about managing a home

-the woman who found herself in a strange city with no friends or family (with the exception of Scott)

-the new mother who was exhausted and overwhelmed

-the survivor of a house fire
-the woman who once again found herself at a crossroads in this adventure called LIFE

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!


What woman will you encourage today?

No comments:

Post a Comment