Monday, December 7, 2009

Homemade Christmas-2

I love homemade ornaments.

So, I decided to share a few of mine with you.

I made these ornaments with $.25 wooden shapes from Michaels. I just used left-over twine and buttons to dress them up a little.
My friend, Nancy, makes her loved ones cross-stitched ornaments each year. Here are a few that she just finished. I love them. Maybe one day....I will get one. (hint, hint)A student gave me this adorable Santa starfish ornament. It is one of my favorites!
I think that I will make a few of these with A next year!
I can see angels and snowmen too!
Every year, I make a heart ornament which has developed into quite a collection. A few people have the entire set, and a number of people have a few. I try to make each one a little different. I made the first one in 2001 after 9-11. I was in need of a few "thoughtful" gifts in 2002, and the snowmen ornaments were born.
I haven't started on this year's ornament, but it must have a snow-puppy.

Do you make/buy ornaments each year?



1 comment:

  1. We have at least two of these and I thought of you when I hung them up this year. You know we have a dog and would love a snow puppy (you're not the only one who can hint).

    We have several of the gingerbread men ornaments that we used to make in our preschool that Greg and I made one year. Jack and I are making gingerbread cookies tonight and I think we might try some of the ornaments next week.

    ReplyDelete