Saturday, December 26, 2009

Homemade Christmas 5-Gifts for the Birds

I wanted A and O to experience making thoughtful gifts for those that they love.
Our family LOVES to feed the birds.
So, I decided to help them make pinecone bird treats.
I knew that I could find pinecones for free, but I didn't have any idea where to look on such short notice.
I ended up buying 2 packages of 3 at the Dollar Tree for $2.00.
I purchased the bird seed at a local farm store for less than $2.00, and I had a lot left over!
We started by spreading peanut butter over the pinecone.
We then rolled them in bird seed, and I tied a ribbon on each one for hanging.
(I would however advise to tie the ribbon before spreading the peanut butter. Live and learn...right?)

We then placed them in a clear bag, and gave them to our aunts and grandmas.

I think that they are quite beautiful, and I am pretty sure that the birdies will appreciate this winter treat!



No comments:

Post a Comment