Thursday, November 19, 2009

Christmas Budget

Have you simplified your Christmas giving list?

The next step to an affordable Christmas is setting a budget.
It is easy to figure out how much we would like to spend. However, a budget needs to reflect what we can actually afford to spend.

Scott and I have $390.00 remaining in the "gift" portion of our annual family budget. This does not stress me out because I have minimized our giving list, and I have been thinking about Christmas all year.

Our Christmas Budget:
-Our kiddos: $200
-My mom and dad: $50
-Brother and Sister-in-Law: I purchased this at an antique store this summer.
-Grandparents: I have already made my grandparents a scrapbook of a family outing that we took this summer.
-Teachers: $75
-Mail Carrier and Trash Men: $15
We will have $50 left over for Christmas cards and misc.

A would like a Nintendo DS, and O has her heart set on a new pink bike with training wheels. This is where the $200 will be spent.
Here is what else A will be getting this year:He has been wanting a Chia Pet, and I found this brand new one at a garage sale for $.25
I paid $3 for this never opened box of K'Nex.
He has been begging me to teach him how to play checkers. I gave $.25 for this over-sized checkers game.
I found this science kit on sale at Michaels' for $12.
Here is what O is getting for Christmas this year:
I found this new Twister game for $1.00 at a garage sale.
Complete Lite Brite for $2.00.I paid $10 for the movie and frame. I think that I am going to write a note from Cinderella and put it in the frame. I can't wait to take a photo to put in this frame this summer.
I spent $5.00 on this dress-up outfit.
I gave $5.00 for this pediatrician Barbie.

Total spent: $38.50

God has really blessed us this year!

How can you stretch your Christmas budget?

I would love to hear your creative ideas.

I am creating a list of my own, and I will share it soon.

Happy Budgeting!

No comments:

Post a Comment