Monday, November 30, 2009

Ornaments

I am VERY sentimental.
So, it goes without saying that every ornament on my tree has a story and reminds me of someone special.
I have handmade ornaments that I treasure. I treasure the ornament that my grandmother bought for me my first Christmas, and the countless others given to me by those that I love.
My favorite part of Christmas is opening the ornament box and sharing the treasured memories with my children.
Years ago while working in a preschool, I would send the children home with ornaments made by their little hands. I would often think to myself....their trees must look REALLY tacky. I didn't think that I would ever be able to let such tacky ornaments touch my tree.
Boy how things change....
Here is a glimpse of just a few of my favorite ornaments created by the precious little hands in my life. They are priceless and true treasures to this momma.
I have no idea what happened to the gingerbread man's other eye, but it makes him all the more adorable.
What is a tree without a few miniature hand prints?
And yes....my tree is perfect and not at all tacky!
What treasures are hanging on your Christmas tree?

1 comment:

  1. Hey! The ornaments we made were classy, not tacky! =)

    ReplyDelete