Monday, September 21, 2009

Balloon Race

This weekend we went to a hot air balloon race downtown. It was absolutely beautiful, and the weather was perfect. My mini-photographer, A, snapped this photo of me and my honey. It is so much fun watching him take photos. He pays such close attention to detail! Yesterday, my pastor made an analogy between hot air balloons and our lives when completely surrendered to Christ.
When hot air balloons take off, they have no idea where they are going to land. It is entirely dependent upon the air current.
When we completely surrender our lives to Christ, we have no control or idea of where we are going to land. We are completely dependent on God's plan and love for us. It is just so amazing to me that God has a perfect plan for my life. I need to continually surrender!

Dear Heavenly Father,
Help me to surrender my thoughts, actions, aspirations, and desires so that I might land in the perfect place!

No comments:

Post a Comment