Wednesday, September 30, 2009

This Week's Thrifty Finds

I managed to get up early enough on Saturday to hit a few sales.

Of course, I always manage to find a few hidden treasures.I found this 3 tiered shelf which works perfectly for our family store-$2. I LOVE old linens, and I just had to have the Mr. and Mrs. towels. I have already found a place for them. The bag on the bottom left of the photo is an old ballot bag. I also found the game, JENGA, for $1 which A is bound to love!
I found all of this CHEAP stuff to go in our family store. The kiddos were thrilled!
I needed a lamp for the office, and this black lamp was only $1. I really don't like the shade, but I have plans. I am going to let A make a "harvest sign" out of the wooden sign, and I just love Americana decorations. This basket was only $.50.
I found these 3 adorable outfits for $6.00. I have been looking for a brown and turquoise dress for O. That is the color scheme for our family photos this year.
I bought these Christmas items for $4. I love the vintage Santa sign, and I am collecting fun stockings to make a Christmas Countdown for A and O. Two down.....23 more to go!
I also collect red handled kitchen utensils. When at antique stores, I always point them out to Scott, and we have decided that is how we are going to pay for A to go to college. Don't laugh....I have A LOT of red handled utensils. However, I think that this mixer would look great as a decoration on a Christmas gift. I bought the lifesaver tin because it would be fun to fill it with lifesavers and give it as a teacher gift with a card saying something about being a "lifesaver".

No comments:

Post a Comment