Sunday, September 27, 2009

One of My Favorite Things & One of My Not-So-Favorite Things

There are 2 things that I think that you should know about me before reading this post.

1.) I am pretty easy to please. The simply things in life thrill me.

2.) I am not really a "lover" of dogs. I was bit by a so-called family friendly dog while working for the Census Bureau in 2000, and recently my dad was attacked by his dog which he practically bottle fed for the first few weeks of its life.

Anyhoo...this black lunch box is one of my favorite things. I LOVE it, and I take it with me practically everywhere. It is one of the few things that I refuse to share with my Scotty.On Friday, I had the wonderful opportunity of going on a field trip with A to one of my favorite places to visit in the fall, the apple orchard. It was a beautiful day, and we had so much fun picking apples, eating a few in the orchard (pesticide and all), watching pig races, drinking apple cider, and just enjoying the day.
Yes...they were as yummy as they look!

After leaving the orchard, we stopped at a local park to have lunch and play. After lunch, I placed our lunch boxes beside me on the ground. I noticed 3 unleashed dogs running carelessly through the park. I proceeded to give their owner the "look". After turning my attention back to my kiddos, I saw A's teacher run over and grab my lunch box. However, she was a few seconds too late. One of the unleashed dogs peed all over my lunch box.....one of my favorite things. Seriously!

No comments:

Post a Comment