Wednesday, September 16, 2009

If you are anything like me, you are interested in how people make a house their own. I believe that our home speaks a lot about who we are as people. Here are a few non-traditional things that are hanging on the walls in our home.
A few years ago, I found myself searching for the perfect thing to hang above our couch. What better than an old bar door. Isn't it lovely! I wanted to display some old photos (of people that we don't even know) in a creative way. I especially love old wedding photos because everyone appears down-right miserable. I found this old fence picket at an antique store for $2. I then convinced my mom into trading her old clothespins for new ones. I hot glued the clothespins to the picket and .......
I hand stitched this many years ago. In fact, it was on our mantle the night our house burned. The glass in the frame broke, and the stitching was soiled and smelly. However, it really adds to the character. The fire is a part of our life story, and this wall hanging is always a reminder to me of God's protection.

Anyhoo....that is what is hanging on my walls.
Do you have anything that tells a story hanging on your walls?



No comments:

Post a Comment