Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Black Bean Brownies

On a day trip to Kansas City, a lady that I work with mentioned making black bean brownies for her family. She insisted that they were yummy and full of fiber too. So...yesterday we gave it a whirl. All you need is a brownie mix, a can of black beans, water, and a food processor.
You start by rinsing the black beans.

You then put the rinsed black beans and a can of water into the food processor. I would actually use about 3/4 of a can of water (our brownies were a little runny). You then process the mixture until you can't see the skins.

You add the brownie mix and nothing else. Bake the brownies according to the directions on the box. I actually baked mine for an extra 15 minutes.


This little gal will eat nothing that resembles a vegetable/bean, and she watched me make them. So....she is the true test!
She asked for a second one!
As Scott walked through the door, A said, "Dad those brownies look a lot yummier than I thought they would!"
Yep....he asked for two!
Scott on the other hand suggested that I just leave well enough alone.
The bean brownies were yummy and moist, but they were cake-like.




No comments:

Post a Comment