Sunday, August 2, 2009

Peach Pickin'
















First of all, I have decided that I want to be a meteorologist when I grow up. What other profession can you be wrong 25% of the time and still be considered good at what you do? Can you tell that it has been a hard summer for meteorologists in this city?

I had this vision in my head of a beautiful day at the peach orchard with my delightfully cooperative family who just so happened to have sweet peach juice running down their chins.

So.....I checked the Saturday forecast on Friday afternoon...Sunny to partly cloudy/high of 84. Beautiful!!!

Well, let's just say that the adventure ended with 4 soaked family members, a box of hard peaches, a little girl who refused to even entertain the idea of eating a peach, and a little boy who proclaimed, "I NEVER want to come back here!" Of course there are photos to capture my "new" vision of a family outing to the peach orchard.

No comments:

Post a Comment